UPCOMING ADR SEMINARS
ADR Settlement Agreements
This program will discuss settlement agreements for contract disputes and protests resolved using alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Topics will include the perspectives of neutrals, judges, government attorneys, and private sector participants regarding:
- Organizational approval processes
- Negotiation strategies
- Non-negotiable items
- Mandatory clauses and more!
Moderator: Don Yenovkian, Esq., Fluor Corporation
- Hon. Marian Horn, Judge, U.S. Ct. of Fed. Claims
- E. Sanderson Hoe, Esq. , Partner, McKenna Long & Aldridge LLC
- Admin. Judge (ret.) Carol Park-Conroy, JAMS Mediator
- Bryant Snee, Deputy Director, Commercial Lit. Branch, Civil Division, U.S. Dept. of Justice
On March 19, 2012, the Department of Justice hosted a Symposium on ADR, co-sponsored by the Interagency ADR Working Group (IADRWG) and the Administrative Conference of the United States (ACUS) with Chairman Paul Verkuil moderating the discussion. Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr., the head of the ADR Working Group, described the Department's long standing commitment to ADR use and cited many of the impressive results of the use of mediation in resolving disputes with citizens and across the federal government. Other panelists showcased new and innovative programs involving workplace disputes, enforcement of regulations, contracts disputes with the government and other new and emerging areas.